The 2023 State of the API survey is open!
Make your voice heard in the world's biggest API survey
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity to join a high velocity sales team within our fast-growing Enterprise business. With nearly every major Fortune 1000 company in the world using Postman at some level, we are positioned to expand our Enterprise presence exponentially over the coming year. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, & value-centric Account Executive to seamlessly navigate enterprise sales cycles, effectively close deals, & drive revenue within a set of strategically important named accounts.
As a senior quota-carrying role in our sales team, this position contributes significantly to business and revenue targets by developing and expanding our footprint among our most strategic accounts. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at the Strategic level.
What You’ll Do
- Build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption within a portfolio of Postman’s most strategic prospects/customers
- Build strategic relationships with VP & C level contacts within target accounts
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provide detailed weekly reports on progress.
- Drive an effective land and expand motion to increase Postman’s footprint org wide.
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise throughout the evaluation & adoption cycle.
- Generate short term results whilst maintaining a long term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting & revenue delivery.
- Collaborate & work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs & usage patterns
- 5+ years of Account Executive experience selling enterprise solutions
- Relevant experience targeting VPs & C suite executives
- Proven track record at a strategic level
- Experience selling developer &/or technical products a strong plus
- Strong experience managing a pipeline & closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers & within an organization
- Proven negotiation & closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating within large & mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly & effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers & the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction & deepening customer relationships
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders & we want you to always be on the lookout for awesome talent to help us build out one of the best companies in the world!
- Lots of smiles
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day and with every interaction, to foster a workplace and world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?