Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
The team works closely with the Product teams to build and expose APIs that enable delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API-first world. We’re a small team with members that learn from each other and iterate rapidly to make a large impact. Our APIs are written in Node.js, MySQL, Redis, and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform.
We are ideally looking to hire this role in Europe.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You’ll Do.
- Assist other teams that wish to make their features available through the Postman API.
- Review API Designs from different teams and propose changes, if needed.
- Maintain the API Design Guidelines and the list of better practices.
- Periodically share API Design information through articles, videos, and calls.
- Grow the API Design discipline into different technologies and specifications.
- Write and maintain tools that help API Design succeed.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to product managers, designers, support, and other engineers.
- You have previous experience both as an API producer and consumer.
- You have deep knowledge of REST, OpenAPI, and AsyncAPI.
- You possess strong Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithms, Databases, Networking, and Distributed systems.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching.
- You have a curiosity about how things work.
- You have the ability to visually communicate an idea through diagrams.
- You have customer orientation.
- You have experience with high-level programming languages - e.g., Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go (bonus).
- You have deep knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, HTTP, and Asynchronous protocols, e.g., AMQP (bonus).
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?