Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
The Business Development Representative will have the responsibility of uncovering business needs for Strategic and Enterprise Accounts to build pipeline for the sales organization. The BDR will collaborate with marketing, sales enablement, and management to create campaigns and prospect to develop to the point of handoff for Sales. An implicit responsibility of the BDR is to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior customer/prospect experience to set the stage for future product sales for Postman.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and cross functional teams to create strategic targets to identify and generate new and expansion business opportunities
- Meet or exceed strategic goals and committed targets by engaging with qualified leads and enabling the next step in the sales cycle
- With consultative engagement you will qualify opportunities by understanding business challenges while also educating them on the value of our product
- Complete detailed research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information
- Identify and target strategic new prospects that would accelerate territory growth
- Select and engage with prospects that are identified through marketing efforts
- Become an expert in sales prospecting platforms and tools
- Use identified customer challenges to prescribe relevant campaigns and events to drive engagement
- Develop superior customer service relationships with prospects.
- Self audit activity to ensure accuracy and to enable improvement
- Proactively learn Postman’s product, competitive products, and market knowledge via website, on‐line webinars, and other marketing information.
- Update lead status and all prospect interaction in CRM application daily
- Become an expert with sales enablement tools
- Experienced. 1‐2 years’ experience in business development, sales or related field. Experience with lead qualification at all levels within organizations –developers, managers, directors, VPs, executives is a plus.
- Energy and Creativity. Ability to work in a high energy, fast‐paced sales environment. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work.
- Tools. Proficient with standard productivity tools.
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?