*Note* This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay area and supporting our CEO out of our Berkeley office.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S. We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Meet Abhinav Asthana, CEO, and Co-Founder at Postman. In 2012, Abhinav was a coding intern at Yahoo, where he laid the first seeds of Postman. From there, Postman has scaled to become one of the most popular developer tools in the world.
As we shift into the next chapter of our growth, we are looking for a chief of staff to partner with Abhinav and serve as a trusted advisor and representative. We are looking for someone to help ensure cross-functional collaboration and organizational performance.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Partner with our CEO to drive efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, managing programs, and communicating cross-functional objectives.
- Maintain operational cadence for the business, including OKRs, annual planning, and more.
- Act as a representative to the CEO to various stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation.
- Work with leadership to deliver, monitor, and communicate progress toward goals.
- Provide the CEO and senior leaders insight and analysis of the company's operations.
- Provide support and oversight for special projects and initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead meetings, workshops, events, and travel.
- Communication: You have previously worked with team members of all levels, demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership: You have a history of leading meetings and determining critical business needs. You lead in an effective and trustworthy way.
- Time management: You have successfully improved business efficiency by managing an executive leader's priorities through superior organization and planning skills. You have a history of diffusing work conflict without the need to escalate.
- Experience: You have previously worked at a SaaS companies.
Nice to Have.
- You love APIs.
- You have experience leading and scaling large engineering teams as an engineering director or V.P.
- You are an ex-founder.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you're at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We're building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us; Why Dontcha?