Commercial Counsel (Contract)
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17+ million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Now that 98% of Fortune 500 Companies use Postman at some level, we are set to expand our Enterprise presence exponentially over the coming year! We are needing to bring on a Commercial Counsel who can initially work as a contractor in a fast paced, rapidly growing startup, to provide front line support for a high volume of commercial agreements, both for customer agreements and vendor contracts. The Commercial Counsel will be responsible for triaging legal support requests, drafting and negotiating agreements, including NDAs, data privacy agreements, and customer contracts. This Commercial Counsel will also manage a contracts database and contract compliance. Ideally, this role will not only provide expertise on contracts, but also legal operations to streamline the contracting process through playbooks and legal technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, redline, and negotiate SaaS, vendor, customer, nondisclosure, business associate, data privacy, software license, and other agreements
- Identify business risks associated with commercial terms and propose mitigation strategies
- Assist in developing playbooks, processes and policies associated with Postman’s contracting activities
- Assist in maintaining and improving existing contract templates
- Advise internal stakeholders on contract terms, processes and risks
- Assist in implementing a contract management system, including designing workflows and training
- 5+ years experience in a transactional / contracts management role; in-house tech company / startup experience a plus
- 5+ years experience reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts including SaaS, vendor, and enterprise contracts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of privacy laws especially in the context of SaaS transactions
- Ability to negotiate in writing and verbally with counterparties and present clear and strong arguments for Postman’s legal position
- Experience presenting ideas to various levels within an organization, bringing together internal stakeholders, and managing customer and vendor relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
*Note* this will initially be a contract role which has the potential to extend or convert to full-time. Converted to full-time, you will have the access to full benefits outlined below.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?