Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
Each Corporate Account Executive has a territory of 100 accounts, containing existing Postman users on all levels of Postman. The goal is to build strategies to manage target accounts while working new inbound leads, with the intention of understanding how they are using Postman, and introduce them to all the capabilities of our Enterprise Suite. This is a unique opportunity to join the rapidly growing sales team at Postman and we are looking for passionate, energetic people to further scale our fast-growing business. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at Technical SaaS companies.
What You'll Do.
- Given a portfolio or group of organizations with the most promising growth opportunities, build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Build a strategic outbound motion for your territory
- Convert inbound leads to closed opportunities
- Execute a land and expand sales strategy to drive widespread adoption and larger deployments
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman throughout the evaluation and adoption cycle
- Navigate key decision makers to build Postman Enterprise awareness within organizations
- Leverage data to understand your customers and prospects to gain insight into their business challenges
- Be a great listener, identify customer needs and collaborate with Postman teammates to ensure customer success
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, on-boarding, and technical inquiries
- Provide a detailed, accurate forecast
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Account Development representatives Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- A top performer with 3-5 years experience hunting and closing net new logos
- Experienced with creatively sourcing companies outside of your CRM
- Able to strategically map out and break into accounts
- Relevant sales experience preferably in an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and we want you to always be on the lookout for awesome talent to help us build out one of the best companies in the world!
This role is based on the West Coast (USA) & the reasonably estimated compensation for this role ranges from $180,000-$215,000 OTE, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, & experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, & a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the Bay Area & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.