Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the team:
The Data team at Postman acts as a central hub for asking analysis questions. We are a team of engineers and analysts who believe in impact driven work.
We believe in democratisation of data and work towards building data products so that decision making through data is as self-served as possible.
We are major supporters of knowledge distribution, be it factual or philosophical. We don't shy away from getting our hands dirty whenever it comes to anything data.
Do come prepared because you will be in for one of the craziest rides of your lifetime.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct high quality analysis to generate insights useful for business.
- Work with partner teams to define goals and identify metrics to improve product features and new releases.
- Build dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of metrics and experiment results.
- Help us in defining the information architecture of Postman eco-system.
- Work closely with Data Engineering and partner teams to author and develop core data sets, within our Data Warehouse and BI tool, to empower operational and exploratory analyses.
- You have 3 years to 6 years of experience as a Data Analyst or a similar experience
- You have a knack for helping people make data driven decisions
- You are curious about what data is telling you under the hood
- You have a strong urge to solve analytical problems, no matter where you need to get the data from
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace that improves our shared knowledge, creates space for innovation, enhances team collaboration, and further strengthens our core values and culture. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, vaccination reimbursement, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. And when you’re in the office, enjoy complimentary meals for designated days, well-stocked drinks and snacks, a game room, and ergonomic workstations. We have a wellness program offering fitness-related reimbursements, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut!
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.