Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 25 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
We are seeking a passionate and highly driven individual to join the Deal Operations team at Postman. The Deal Operations team is integral to the success of the Sales organization by helping to drive revenue for the sales and renewals teams at Postman. The Deal Manager is the subject matter expert crossed trained and highly skilled in legal, revenue, deal management and Quote to Cash disciplines. The Deal Manager engages with Sales as a single point of contact to support highly negotiated, strategic ELA business arrangements from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. They will advise and coach Sales Reps to efficiently work within Quote to Cash process, policies and guidelines. The successful Deal Manager will possess extensive deal structuring, revenue recognition, and commercial contract experience. The Deal Manager is expected to own and manage the deal process from end to end and help drive efficiency and improvements in the deal making process.
This is a hybrid position based in Boston or NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the trusted advisor and go-to resources to the Sales and Renewals teams for solving complex problems across the Opportunity to Cash processes
- Serve as an expert in advanced Deal Process activities, which impact quota setting, bookings attainment, and complex deal structuring
- Educate Sales teams on changes in processes, policies, and best practices to improve performance
- Assist with projects with cross-functional teams in support of Sales, in the rollout of new products and policies, and in the improvement of our OTC processes
- Ensure Sales teams are operating within the deal guidelines, directly partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with policies
- Responsible for ensuring that Sales and contract data is accurate in CRM and other systems, partnering with cross-functional teams to reconcile downstream processes and Reporting
- Identify, scope, and deliver process and systems changes that improve operations for the Sales organization
- Work in a dynamic environment and adapt to new business processes in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel to regional offices to meet directly with Sales teams and cross-functional leaders
- Serves as a coach and mentor to other team members, assisting with onboarding, day-to-day training, coaching, and collaborating to solve business problems
- Understand end-to-end processes across OTC and serve as an expert on the roles and responsibilities of cross-functional support teams, resulting in accelerated resolution of issues
- Take ownership and program manage issue resolution across all back-office teams, performing initial triage of issue identified by Sales and managing issue until it is fully resolved
- Assess recurring issues to identify opportunities for improving the overall OTC process and make recommendations on process and system changes
- Engage directly with clients as necessary through both written and verbal communications, helping to resolve OTC issues directly
- Manage escalations of all OTC issues from Sales and clients
- Demonstrate the ability to go “above and beyond” in the support of our Sales teams and clients
- 5-7+ years of operations experience with technology companies in functions such as deal desk, finance, revenue, or contracts management.
- Able to work in ambiguous environments under tight and unpredictable timelines
- Understanding of GAAP accounting standards with a strong knowledge base on ASC 605 and ASC 606.
- Experience with SFDC Quote to Cash CPQ Tool
- Has developed and maintained standard deal operations processes, approval matrixes and order terms.
- Experience working Remote and interacting effectively with remote teams
- Strong structured problem-solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Occasional travel
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace that improves our shared knowledge, creates space for innovation, enhances team collaboration, and further strengthens our core values and culture. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, medical, dental, vision, and cool perks, and our offices include complimentary stocked drinks, snacks, and ergonomic workspaces to keep you comfortable and healthy. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. Our wellness program offers fitness-related reimbursements, a meal stipend, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.
This role can be based in Boston and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $110,000 - $150,000, or it can be based in New York and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $125,000 - $170,000, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, potential spot awards, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of Boston, NYC and the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.