TLDR: We are looking for a designer who can think like an engineer to help build and validate prototypes quickly.
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Inside API Client, Labs.
The Labs product vertical was set up in early 2021 to facilitate the rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the team is frugality and agility – using whatever is available to chip away outcomes at breakneck speed.
The API client team aims to build support for various API protocols, such as our recent additions of WebSocket and gRPC. As we continue to add new protocols, we're looking for a design engineer who can help create proofs of concepts quickly and iteratively.
What You'll Do.
- Research and tinker with an array of protocols and build in-depth knowledge about them.
- Work with your team to design solutions for existing and new protocols. Often you'll work on developing proofs of concepts to validate quickly and iteratively.
- Interact with the developer community and customers to understand how they work, their pain points, etc., so that we can validate our assumptions.
- Communicate effectively with our customers to obtain feedback and validation of the solutions and iterate over them.
- You have 2+ years of working as a product designer who can also write code.
- You have been part of a successful product launch from ideation to production.
- You're comfortable working on 0-1 problems, especially when things are vague.
- You have a "validate first and perfect later" mentality.
- You are curious and excited about how things work under the hood.
- Be able to communicate your thoughts effectively by writing and prototyping.
- You have an eye for details and a firm grasp of visual design techniques like typography, hierarchy, and color.
Nice to Have.
- Solid understanding of APIs, the API landscape, and the multitude of technologies that are a part of it.
- Experience in building 0-1 solutions.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you're at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We're building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us; Why Dontcha?