Developer Advocate - San Francisco
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 13 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. We are looking for a talented and hard-working advocate to join our growing Developer Relations team.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively within the Developer Relations team to drive API better practices throughout the broader API ecosystem. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for user education and community engagement.
Strong preference will be given to candidates based in the Bay Area and other major tech centers located in the US west coast timezone.
What You'll Do
- Engage with various kinds of Postman users (including developers, testers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases.
- Drive API better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events
- Assist with Postman documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within DevRel
- Assist with Postman forum management, events, and other community engagement within DevRel
- Build and nurture relationships with Postman champions and other community leaders
- Dogfood Postman technology, and interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Represent the company online and at events
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Postman and its products
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs
- Two years of programming experience, or a willingness and aptitude for learning technology
- Experience making data-driven decisions.
- Able to work long hours and weekends to support short-term projects (when needed)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re building a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.