Developer Advocate - New York
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 13 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. We are looking for a talented and hard-working advocate to join our growing Developer Relations team.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively within the Developer Relations team to drive API better practices throughout the broader API ecosystem. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for user education and community engagement.
Strong preference will be given to candidates based in New York and other major tech centers located in the US east coast timezone.
This position can be filled anywhere in the US. This is a remote role
What You'll Do
- Engage with various kinds of Postman users (including developers, testers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases.
- Drive API better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events
- Assist with Postman documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within DevRel
- Assist with Postman forum management, events, and other community engagement within DevRel
- Build and nurture relationships with Postman champions and other community leaders
- Dogfood Postman technology, and interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Represent the company online and at events
- 5+ years in a developer relations role focused on advocacy or education
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Postman and its products
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in online platforms and social media channels relevant to developers
- Experienced keynote speaker at leading technical conferences
- Experience making data-driven decisions.
- Able to work long hours and weekends to support short-term projects (when needed)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?