Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
After our exciting $5.6 Billion Series D Valuation, we are set to innovate and scale our Application Security function rapidly in order to ensure we continue to live by our responsibility to provide services which are secured and we promote a secured API and general development culture throughout the globe. Postman’s Application Security team is comprised of other Security Researchers and Software Engineers who are highly conscious about security and pursue the continuous effort to improve ourselves with regular security-related discussions, planning, and training while also possessing a general air of being security aware.
As a result, Postman is looking for an experienced DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer to join our Application Security team to build and maintain security tooling solutions and assist our product teams in delivering secure services for our clients.
This position is remote and reports to the Application Security Manager.
What you get to do every day
- Work with various stakeholders to identify security processes that can be automated and build out appropriate automated solutions
- Continuously evaluate the existing security software stack to identify areas of improvement and ensure architectural integrity as additional features are added
- Take care of the development of critical components and conduct POCs for new security technologies to be used
- Be the technical owner for the entire stack of application security technologies
- Build integrations between disparate systems to provide meaningful dashboards for the organisation to prioritise their security remediation activities
What you bring to the role
- Demonstrated skills and experience in DevOps/DevSecOps engineering, creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, automation of infrastructure, coding & scripting
- Technical expertise in Cloud Computing technologies, Cloudformation or Terraform, scripting languages (Python, Node.js etc), 3rd party integrations
- Strong understanding of container and container orchestration best practices using Kubernetes, EKS, ECS etc
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders and technical leadership groups would be essential
- Demonstrated success in leading technical and delivery teams in adoption of DevSecOps tooling and best practices is highly desirable
- Experience working with APIs and microservices architectures
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk, Sumologic, Elasticsearch, Solarwinds etc.
- A real passion to constantly improve and uplift existing platforms
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?