Director, Customer Strategy and Insights
Postman is the world’s favorite API Platform used by over 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations including 96% of the Fortune 500. We're looking for an experienced Customer Strategy & Insights leader who will be a key member of our Customer Organization leadership team.
You will consult, advise and assist our Go To Market leaders, helping them deliver business results and ultimately helping our customers achieve their goals. This work is inherently cross-functional and touches nearly every part of our business - from what we sell, to whom, and how.
The Director, Customer Strategy and Insights will be responsible for driving critical strategic priorities that help drive a world-class customer experience and growth.Your ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and get things done with all levels of the organization is key. You will be responsible for identifying retention and growth opportunities by developing a deep understanding of customer behavior and leveraging data driven insights for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of defining and driving cross-functional, organization-wide strategic programs centered around Customer Success and Sales. You should have experience with and enjoy building operational and financial models, telling stories through data, analyzing large and complex data sets, and improving processes and tools. If you are passionate about understanding how a business grows through data, insights and experimentation - this is the role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the GTM Leadership team by defining, tracking, and implementing overall operational strategy, business objectives, initiatives and processes
- Mentor the existing Customer Insights team, and grow the team by attracting great talent
- Own the customer segmentation strategy both for Sales and Customer Success
- Own the operational strategy to increase customer retention and growth
- Own the customer research function, helping us better understand our customers, the industries in which they operate and how APIs are impacting their businesses
- Build foundation models for the human-assisted (Sales+CS) part of Postman’s business including insights around factors affecting conversion, growth rates and retention.
- Create and/or manage the core reports and dashboards used by the Customer Organization (in partnership with the global data teams) to provide visibility and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Communicate regularly on business/team performance, making recommendations based on analysis of key performance areas
- Support special business projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on customer strategy & operations experience (ideally for a technical or collaboration focused enterprise SaaS platform)
- Experience managing, mentoring, and growing small-mid sized teams.
- Strong understanding of PLG and key SaaS metrics and analysis, including what world class looks like for those (NRR, LTV, Churn)
- Experience working with large sets of unstructured and synthesizing into business insights
- Experience problem solving and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written.
- Results driven independent thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environment
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?