Engineering Manager - Bangalore
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build out features, design and implement APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
About the team:
Our team works closely with the Product teams to build APIs that enable delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API first world. We’re a small team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a large impact. Our services are written in Node.js, MySQL and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform.
A taste of our scale:
- 100+ million requests per day spread across 30+ microservices
- resting around 10 TB of data
- ingesting around 1TB of monthly internal service logs
- 100k+ peak concurrent web socket connections
This position reports to the CTO or the VP of Engineering
What You'll Do
- Manage the roadmap and SLAs for the microservices following the Maturity Model framework.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers. Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
- Grow the team by recruiting great engineers, from outreach through close.
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively.
- Contribute to company-wide engineering initiatives as part of Postman’s engineering management team.
- Support the engineering and product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- You have 4-10 years of experience building applications.
- You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping.
- You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them.
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
- You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage that includes COVID insurance, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you are.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected with your global Postman peers. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?