Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity and Tools - Remote, London, England
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Our Developer Productivity And Tools team is responsible for building and owning the mono-repo, libraries and infrastructure such as CI/CD that help our Product teams build great user-experiences and interfaces. This includes building, supporting and ensuring the development processes, services and tools are fast and reliable for Postman engineers to use everyday.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead this charter at Postman. You’ll work closely with the company leadership and our product and design teams to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a team of diverse engineers spread across remote locations and our engineering hubs in Bangalore & San Francisco
- Partner with peers in engineering to craft a world-class development loop using internal libraries and open source technologies
- Define and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy with leadership
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Define, measure, and own key metrics for the performance of your functional area
- Motivate and communicate across multiple levels. Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- 5+ years of experience building frontend, electron or mobile development tooling and infrastructures
- 1+ year of experience serving in an engineering management role either building customer-facing products or developer-facing products
- Experience building user interfaces with modern web technologies
- Experience owning and improving development workflows
- Experience working on standardization and solving problems in engineering productivity in a growing company
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- Experience building remote-first teams
- Extensive experience with modern web tooling such as Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme
- Experience operating mono-repos, and supporting continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Pipelines, CircleCI)
- Experience in building applications in multiple platforms - such as web, desktop, mobile
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?