Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
Our Documentation product generates API Documentation for Postman Collections or API definitions using a world-class WYSIWYG editor. The team builds tooling that is used by an extensive set of our customers and users to share API Documentation within and outside the organization. We continue to iterate by working on next-generation tools around generating documentation.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead this initiative at Postman. You’ll work closely with the company leadership, product, and our design teams to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Build and lead a team of diverse engineers spread across remote locations and our engineering hubs in Bangalore & San Francisco
- Partner with peers in Product, Design & Engineering to craft the best building blocks, guidelines, and standards, and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and onboarding exceptional engineering talent.
- Define, measure, and own key metrics for the performance of your functional area.
- Motivate and communicate across multiple levels. Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Experience building user interfaces with modern web technologies
- You have 1+ year of experience serving in an engineering management role either building customer-facing products or developer-facing tooling products
- Experience working on standardising and solving common problems in engineering in a growing company
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building remote-first teams
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?