Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Postman’s Growth team is chartered with helping users realize our value proposition of using Postman for collaborative development of APIs. We do this by running experiments that simplify the UI, reduce friction in the checkout process, highlight key features and ways that users can use the product, and make it easier to invite and collaborate with other team members. By improving the product, teams grow and usage increases, thereby creating network effects that help the product and the community become more valuable.
This role can be based across Europe, or India locations.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader who has previously led an engineering team within a highly scalable, fast growing engineering orientated business to lead this charter at Postman. You’ll work closely with the Growth team’s leadership and our product and design teams to achieve our mission of connecting 100M developers in the world.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of diverse engineers spread across remote locations and our engineering hubs in APAC / EMEA / India.
- Partner with peers in Engineering, Design, QA, Data Analytics to deliver experiments that span across the entire Postman product
- Define and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy with leadership
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Define, measure, and own key metrics for the performance of your functional area
- Motivate and communicate across multiple levels. Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- 3+ year of experience serving in an engineering management role either building customer-facing products or developer-facing product.
- Experience building user interfaces with modern web technologies
- Experience owning and improving development workflows
- Experience working on standardization and solving problems in engineering productivity in a growing company
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- Experience building remote-first teams
- Experience on a Growth team, managing delivery of experiments (A/B, Multivariate, etc)
- Experience working on a SaaS developer tool product
- Experience in building applications in multiple platforms - such as web, desktop, mobile
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary & benefits, an informal & fun working environment, & provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, & we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work & be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, & we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?