Engineering Manager-Growth, United States - San Francisco
This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
Postman leads the way in the API-first universe. Postman’s API Development Environment is used by 15M+ developers and more than 500,000 companies to access 500M APIs every month.
If you are someone who is passionate about engineering and loves to create impact by managing effective teams, we would love to talk to you. The team you will manage is a growing team of world class engineers focused on Growth. The team is small and fast moving, and you will be expected to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the team that will evolve over time. You’ll lead that runs rapid experimentation to drive self-serve revenue and you will help solve all the complex issues that come up.
What You'll Do:
- Support the growth Engineering team, provide context to and align individuals on how specific projects contribute to both personal growth and company impact.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively.
- Contribute to company-wide engineering initiatives as part of Postman’s engineering management team.
- Support the engineering and product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use.
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
- You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them.
- You have previously worked on teams that lean on experimentation as a way to move work forward or for a product-led growth team
- You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re in
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.