Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Customer Success, Enablement, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as trusted advisors to consult, teach, and guide customers towards increased API lifecycle maturity
- Help to drive value and adoption of Postman by assisting customers to understand how Postman can solve their business and API-related needs
- Build and nurture strong customer relationships with assigned accounts
- Always be curious and constantly conduct discovery to understand customer use cases and pain points in order to then best position the Postman API platform in response
- Be strong customer advocates and act like an extension of the customer's team
- Partner closely with Customer Success Managers to devise success plans for assigned accounts
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to identify outreach targets to drive expansion opportunities
- Guide customers along their API journey via education, technical consultation, and general enablement to help them achieve their development and business goals
- Establish liaisons with the Product team to stay abreast of product developments and roadmap
- Listen for and qualify customer feedback and share with the Product teams internally so that Postman can continue to best support our customers
- Aid in producing enablement resources that lead customers towards realizing the full value of the Postman API platform
- Build solutions for customer problems/needs that improve their user experience to show the “art of the possible”
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related field, or relevant work experience
- 6+ years of enterprise solutions architecture or sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Comfortable engaging and working with all levels of technologists from individual developers, development teams, QA teams, architects, product managers, and engineering and product management leaders
- Experience with engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and customer relationship management
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and loves teamwork and collaboration
- Lots of smiles!
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace, and although this role is remote, there will be opportunities for you to meet and collaborate with teammates from around the globe. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. Our wellness program offers fitness-related reimbursements, a meal stipend, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are.