Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Customer Success, Enablement, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
- Act as trusted advisors to consult, teach, and guide customers towards increased API lifecycle maturity
- Help to drive value and adoption of Postman by assisting customers to understand how Postman can solve their business and API-related needs
- Build and nurture strong customer relationships with assigned accounts
- Always be curious and constantly conduct discovery to understand customer use cases and pain points in order to then best position the Postman API platform in response
- Be strong customer advocates and act like an extension of the customer's team
- Partner closely with Customer Success Managers to devise success plans for assigned accounts
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to identify outreach targets to drive expansion opportunities
- Guide customers along their API journey via education, technical consultation, and general enablement to help them achieve their development and business goals
- Establish liaisons with the Product team to stay abreast of product developments and roadmap
- Listen for and qualify customer feedback and share with the Product teams internally so that Postman can continue to best support our customers
- Aid in producing enablement resources that lead customers towards realizing the full value of the Postman API platform
- Build solutions for customer problems/needs that improve their user experience to show the “art of the possible”
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related field, or relevant work experience
- 6+ years of enterprise solutions architecture or sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable engaging and working with all levels of technologists from individual developers, development teams, QA teams, architects, product managers, and engineering and product management leaders
- Experience with engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and customer relationship management
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and loves teamwork and collaboration
- Lots of smiles!
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in Boston or New York City and the reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $157,250 to $212,750, plus variable compensation & a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of Boston and New York City and the U.S.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies & practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences & identities while treating each person with fairness & dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day & with every interaction, to foster a workplace & world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, & more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?