GTM Enablement Manager, Onboarding and Skills Development - San Francisco
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
The GTM Enablement Manager, Onboarding and Skills Development will be a part of the Revenue Enablement Team, responsible for developing and delivering engaging, results-driven training and enablement activities to increase speed-to-productivity and overall effectiveness for two critical enablement programs: onboarding and skills development. This manager role will report directly to the Head of Revenue Enablement, and have responsibility for managing a small team who will help execute these programs for all roles within the Sales and Customer Success organizations.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated enablement professional, with a passion to help onboard, uplevel and upskill individuals in their specific GTM role. The GTM Enablement Manager will optimize the existing onboarding program and create a skills development program to improve time-to-productivity in GTM roles. The GTM Enablement Manager will collaborate closely with our continuous enablement teams and with our cross-functional GTM teams to help build and maintain the resources for these two programs to better equip the GTM teams to effectively engage prospects and customers.
What you’ll do
- Optimize, manage and execute our existing role-based new hire onboarding program and create a new-to-role onboarding program supporting existing Postmanauts within the Sales and Customer Success organizations
- Own the Skill Development Curriculum for Sales and Customer Success roles to further develop role excellence
- Develop skills needed within the Postman sales process stages and customer lifecycle stages
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Success enablement resources, cross-functional teams and internal subject matter experts to address skill development and ongoing onboarding needs
- Support Enablement Leadership in carrying out various enablement live events, such as annual GTM Kickoff
- Develop and assess performance metrics and translate information into actionable, easy to understand insights
- Own additional GTM enablement responsibilities as the business changes and evolves
- 5+ years experience in SaaS GTM enablement, with skills-based enablement program management focus/experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience designing, delivering, and owning innovative GTM enablement programs and curriculum development, with measurable business results
- Experience with skill competencies by role and building supporting enablement to advance skill levels
- Proven success analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and turning implications into actionable recommendations and business strategies
- Strong knowledge of sales processes and skills needed within GTM roles
- Experience with instructional design to optimize our learning and practicing experiences
- Ability to develop strong credibility with GTM Teams to become a trusted advisor and business partner
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving needs of a high growth GTM team and determine priorities in a high-demand environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and consider yourself adaptable: Willing to learn, try new approaches and iterate based on impact
- Excellent presentational, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills
- Previous experience in a sales, account management or customer success role (Account Exec, Account Manager, Business Development Rep, Customer Success Manager) is a bonus
- Understand and have practiced sales methodologies is a bonus
- Experience with enablement tools such as Gong and other LMS platforms is a bonus
- Experience with start-up cultures is a bonus
- Experience using Postman and/or developer tools is a bonus
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in either the greater San Francisco Bay Area, Austin, Boston or New York & comes with both a competitive base salary plus an equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies & practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences & identities while treating each person with fairness & dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day & with every interaction, to foster a workplace & world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, & more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.