Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. The Postman API Platform’s features simplify each step of the API lifecycle so that individuals and enterprises can create better APIs—faster. More than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Together, we are building the API-first world.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly. We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Postman is looking for a Head of Account Development to lead an established function that is the tip of the spear for engaging with prospective customers and driving demand toward our Enterprise solutions. This is a global role that is critical to coaching and growing the future Postman field talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and scale a global Account Development team within our growing Sales Organization. With nearly every Fortune 1000 company in the world using Postman at some level, we are positioned to expand our Enterprise presence exponentially over the coming year. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, value-centric leader to grow and develop a team of Account Development Representatives that will directly support Corporate Account Executives and Enterprise Account Executives based in the US, Europe & APAC. The ideal candidate is passionate about building, growing and developing a team, has SaaS closing experience and is ready to make an immediate impact on Postman’s pipeline.
What You'll Do.
- Set and communicate the vision, goals, and KPIs for Postman’s Global Account Development organization
- Scale and lead the teams by fostering a culture of sales excellence and transparency through discovery, curiosity, and innovation
- Lead and mentor Account Development Managers to create strategic targets to identify and generate new and expansion business opportunities and customer meetings
- Enable ADRs and Managers to meet or exceed strategic goals and committed targets
- Be an innovator in helping our team discover new ways to position our products and drive new, upsell, and expansion business initiatives.
- Help develop and execute an effective sales strategy designed to deliver on key business metrics.
- Guide the team on how to educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise and to navigate key decision makers in order to grow Postman Enterprise awareness within organizations
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Sales Operations, Marketing, Sales Leadership peers, and cross-functional leaders to support company initiatives
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts, maintain accurate records in all internal CRM and reporting tools.
- Review and help develop sequences and outbound communication plans for targeting prospect accounts with team members.
- Collaborate to design compensation plans
- Create career paths for grow within the org and beyond
- Continuously work to educate and promote growth for direct reports.
- 4+ years leading a high performing SDR/BDR team/organization
- Second line+ leadership experience
- Proven ability to create and iterate the sales development process, methodology (such as MEDDIC, Sandler, Miller Heiman, etc), campaigns, hiring profiles, training and enablement
- Relevant sales experience in an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of navigating within large enterprise and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- A curious mind with a strong desire to mentor and support others
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Experience and success in developing team members for future career growth.
- Lots of smiles
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
This is a remote role in the United States. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, flexible PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Ready to have an impact?
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?