Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
The Lead Payroll Specialist will report into the Global Payroll Manager and participate in developing an efficient payroll process, manage payroll and compliance matters, assist with financial audits, and play an important role in supporting the Finance and People functions. We’re looking for teammates who are systems oriented, customer service oriented, adaptable and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee U.S. and International payroll functions, ensure pay is processed on time, accurately, completely and in compliance with all regulations.
- Ensure new hires, terminations, changes to pay rates and special payroll runs are processed accurately and timely.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws.
- Identify, recommend and champion process improvements to the current payroll process and systems.
- Design, implement and perform SOX compliant controls relevant to the payroll process.
- Support the annual audit and tax related activities, including preparation of audit support, and coordinate with external international accountants related to foreign subsidiary compliance requirements.
- Respond to internal payroll questions, assist with the review of variable, equity, and special compensation transactions as needed, and handle ad-hoc payroll requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience, working in a multi-state and/or multi-national payroll environment, and in a hyper growth environment.
- Experience handling payroll related audits, manual recalculations and reconciliations.
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams and be the primary contact of all payroll matters for internal and external correspondence.
- Must be able to think critically and identify discrepancies/anomalies through analysis.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and drive efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Oracle/Netsuite ERP, ADP Payroll, Trinet and/or Workday HCM experience.
- Basic knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the greater San Francisco Bay area, and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $101,990 to $124,655 plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.