Lead Product Designer - Growth - San Francisco
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
The Growth team at Postman drives self-serve revenue through rapid experimentation and data-driven decision making. UX designers develop solutions which solve our users’ needs in ways that significantly move our business forward.
The Growth organization is newly formed at Postman and this experienced Lead Product Designer will partner strategically with our Head of Growth to help establish our growth and experimentation processes in order to create a wonderful user experience for our self-serve customers. As a founding member of a new organization at a company which is already growing rapidly, this person will initially work as an individual contributor while helping to scale the team around them. This role can grow to lead the design team for the Growth organization.
What You’ll Do: (Responsibilities)
- Map out the user journey of new users signing up for Postman and design new experiences to improve it.
- Help to connect what we are seeing in our data and what we are hearing from our users to improve the product experience in ways that drive our business forward.
- Mentor more junior members of the Growth design team.
About You: (Requirements)
- 6+ years designing product experiences.
- You have mentored other designers.
- Experience working with an experimentally driven product team.
- You have an eye for well-designed, functional products (physical and digital).
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Good at collaborating across teams and locations, especially remote work across two offices and time zones.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We aren’t rigid about design tools though, so we are open to suggestions always.
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us!
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.