Manager, Security Operations
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 13 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
We're looking for a Manager of Security Operations, who will manage our Detection & Monitoring, Enterprise Security, Analysis & Response, and Red Teaming functions. In this role, you’ll report directly to the Head of Information Security and lead the teams responsible for protecting the security of our employees, customers, company, and brand.
For this role we’re looking for someone with vision on how to build out a mature Security Operations Program across Europe, the Americas, and the India regions. You’ll provide strategic leadership on the direction of our security operations capability, technical leadership to the teams involved, and business leadership during major security incidents and issues.
What you get to do every day:
- Lead our functional security operations teams:
- Detection & Monitoring: collects and stores logs, detects intrusions, identifies potential areas of security improvement or vulnerabilities, and engages in threat hunting across our enterprise and product
- Enterprise Security: defines security profiles for common enterprise assets, including laptops, servers, and SaaS services
- Analysis & Response: collects and analyzes threat intelligence to prepare the rest of our security team against emerging threats and to optimally respond to security incidents
- Develop and implement a long term roadmap for security operations at Postman
- Review and refine existing key security processes; including threat hunting, vulnerability management, log ingestion, security monitoring, threat analysis, and our security incident response lifecycle
- Brief our executive leadership on emerging security threats and develop proposals on how to address these threats through building security controls and processes
- Ensure our entire team is well aligned, collaborating well with partners, and building deep relationships across Postman, including our IT and our product team partners
- Lead and coordinate follow-the-sun processes for our key shared functions
- Engage with partners in the industry, law enforcement, and threat intelligence vendors; and share and exchange standard methodologies with our customers and the SaaS industry
What you bring to the role:
- At least 3 years of multifaceted security leadership and management experience
- Deep domain expertise in at least two of the following: intrusion detection and security monitoring, incident response, threat intelligence and analysis, enterprise and corporate security.
- An understanding and background partnering closely with security compliance, application security, and privacy teams.
- Experience securing cloud based infrastructures; AWS experience a plus.
- Experience with red teaming and offensive security roles preferred.
- Ability to develop a strategic plan, and also discuss details at a technical level with functional managers, engineers, and analysts.
- Experience working with C-level executives to brief them on emerging security threats and security incidents.
- Able to get to the root of an actively evolving problem and mobilize the right people to tackle it.
- Strong collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills. Ability to share ideas with audiences at varying levels, from the C-Suite down.
- An understanding of the challenges faced by cross-geo teams and a desire to solve them. Ability to work and communicate across cultures.
- Outstanding time management and prioritization skills.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?