Marketing Manager, Developer Relations - San Francisco
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
To continue this rocket-ship growth, we are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager for our Developer Relations function to help drive community engagement. You will work closely with a distributed developer relations team, engineers, and designers to create campaigns that can be executed across multiple channels such as Social Media, Video, Live Stream and Online Forums. You will work independently while managing multiple DevRel projects and building out our global go-to-market strategy. We are seeking someone that is passionate about marketing and developer communities with a particular acumen for metrics.
Postman’s DevRel team consists of Developer Advocates, Educators, and Technical Community Managers who focus on making the company and its products more approachable and empathetic to the needs of the broader developer community. Come and be a part of something!
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for creating educational content for people to help people do more with APIs and Postman.
- Responsible for ensuring overall community health and growth through organizing community events and programs, and managing our online community touchpoints.
- Strategically leverage our own communities (Slack, web forum, live events), social channels, and influencers to drive developer engagement.
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community to the organization, understanding the workflows and pain points of the community, building content that focuses on finding how Postman can fit into those workflows.
- Define developer target segments, map the developer journey, communicate value propositions.
- Work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and other teams to support developer use cases and promote empathy for this audience.
- Manage existing developer funnel and look for opportunities to deepen engagement.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical product marketing, preferably working with developer communities.
- Experience with key channels and communities relevant to developers.
- Have a knack for analytics and utilizing SQL to write queries and manipulating data
- Excel at explaining and simplifying complex concepts in messaging and differentiated positioning.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Serious attention to detail.
- Focused on consumers. You love working with developers.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company
- Ability to work with a distributed team and community spread across multiple timezones
- Self starter, who can manage projects and priorities independently
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum or relevant experience
- Prior startup experience a plus
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re building a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.