Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation. Growing from a side-project in 2012, Postman today is the standard for API tools across every company and development team.
We’re looking for our first API Partner Engineer to support organizations in building engaging public API listings on the Postman API Network and assisting ecosystem partners to build out Postman integrations. This person will act as a technical trusted advisor to organizations and partners.
The ideal candidate should have experience being part of a team going from 0 to 1. You will report to the Head of Partnerships in this high visibility role.
What You'll Do
- Handle technical questions or objections, providing solutions and workarounds to address partner needs
- Establish new and manage ongoing relationships with organizations with public APIs like Twitter, Salesforce, Doordash etc. as well as partners in the Developer Tools, SaaS and API ecosystem like AWS, Azure, New Relic, Github etc.
- Stay up to date on new and upcoming product releases and create/update resources to help customers utilize and integrate these features into their workflow
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Postman platform
- Continuously improve knowledge and skill around different API technologies and demonstration methods based on industry trends
- Develop joint integrations with partners for core API-First and software development use cases to help joint users and customers
- Evangelize Postman integrations and Postman API Network listings using blog posts, technical docs/videos, livestreams, webinars etc.
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, marketing and sales to drive partnerships forward
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or prior working experience
- 2-5 years of API related experience like API architecture, documentation, solutions architecture/engineering
- Postman superuser
- Understanding of APIs, Postman and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong technical background (CS degree or equivalent work experience)
- Organized with ability to concurrently manage multiple partner relationships and progress active conversations
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and loves teamwork and collaboration
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?