Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
The Growth team at Postman drives self-serve revenue and monthly active users through rapid experimentation and data-driven decision making. As a Growth Product Designer you will identify opportunities and develop solutions which solve our users’ needs in ways that significantly move our business and user success forward.
We’re looking for an impact oriented designer who is excited to learn what designs work through experimentation.
This role will be hybrid, 3 days per week in office. Either in San Francisco, California or Austin, Texas.
What You’ll Do
- Design delightful product experiences that help every user be successful.
- Work with product, data and research team members to understand collaboration opportunities within Postman.
- Iterate on your designs based on experiment results.
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Postman
- Proactively request and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- 3+ years designing product experiences or relevant industry experience
- Ability to work and thrive within an ambiguous technical space
- Experience with rapid iterative testing / AB testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially while working remote and collaborating across two offices and time zones
- Experience collaborating with Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and web
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together
- A Bachelors degree in Web Design or similar relevant technical field
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in Austin, Texas & comes with both a competitive base salary plus an equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, & experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, potential spot awards, & a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the U.S.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies & practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences & identities while treating each person with fairness & dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day & with every interaction, to foster a workplace & world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, & more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.