Product Designer, Open Technologies
Postman is the world’s leading API collaboration platform used by more than 17 million developers and 500,000 organisations worldwide. Postman was founded on a straightforward premise: to simplify each step of building an API so developers could create better APIs—faster.
Postman’s Open Technologies function was created to establish Postman as a leader in the API sector by investing in Open Specifications, Standards, Tooling, Data, and Policies as well as building strong relationships with thought leaders and organisations in the domain.
Through our collaboration with the AsyncAPI Initiative, we are looking for a Product Designer to work closely with the AsyncAPI team to help shape and build the future of API tooling. This Product Designer will join a small team working on the AsyncAPI Initiative and focus on creating a wonderful UX/DX and design awesome UI and CLI tools for developers. Everything is open-source and, therefore, all your work will be 100% open-source too. You will do everything on Github, however, we're not rigid as to what tools you should use, as long as you keep your work public, open, and accessible to everyone.
- You'd spend your time improving the user experience of existing and new tools, for example:
- Improving the CLI user experience when generating documentation and code using the AsyncAPI Generator tool.
- Designing a unified CLI tool to work with AsyncAPI.
- Creating a design system for AsyncAPI Studio.
- Designing delightful experiences for our documentation and website.
- Researching how our users use AsyncAPI, what they would love to do with it that's not yet possible, etc.
- You have an eye for well-designed developer tools.
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Good at collaborating across teams and locations, especially remote work across time zones.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We aren’t rigid about design tools though, so we are always open to suggestions.
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what AsyncAPI does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.
- Detailed understanding of quantitative research techniques.
- Ability to plan ahead and expand UX Research into a mature practice.
- Experience with team collaboration, product management, and support processes (Github and Zenhub helpful).
- Advanced experience in multiple and mixed methods of research including but not limited to surveys, polls, interjection and in-app surveys, interviews, and log file analysis.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?