Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
Postman product builds delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API first world. We’re a small team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a large impact.
The goal of the customer platform within the Business operations function is to build an accurate, reliable, and comprehensive customer source of truth that would be pivotal for our internal operations. We aim to provide solid infrastructure and rich functionality that allow for rapid iteration.
At Postman, Business Operations encompasses aspects of both customer-facing products and associated internal operations. We are looking for a Product Manager to partner with a fast-paced Engineering team and cross-functional teams to build the platform that governs the customer lifecycle as we rapidly scale up.
What You'll Do
- The platform team under business operations is an infrastructure and tools team, and you will help to build a tight integration of our product, internal systems and third-party applications.
- Deliver iteratively on the roadmap, and own the process from requirements to tracking and analyzing impact.
- Approach all requirements as API first, and collaborate with design and cross-functional stakeholders to arrive at a decisive plan of action.
- Stay aligned with customer feedback and own improvements.
- You will have internal and external customers in the domain and effectively balance & prioritize deliverables.
- Build suitable abstractions to ease planned future development.
- You will play a dual role where one day you will effectively manage communication with cross-functional stakeholders and on another, you will be thinking deeply about solving for their operational challenges..
- You will own documentation and training collateral for enabling internal and customer-facing teams.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of prior experience as a technical product manager and have successfully shipped features/workflows. Familiarity with Go-to-market functions and B2B Saas experience is a plus.
- You have built and scaled the internal admin portal or customer portal for a SaaS product through an order of magnitude or more.
- You are a developer turned product/program manager who understands business priorities. You are adept with APIs & SDKs.
- You are willing to wear the hat of a program manager to drive an initiative end to end and sometimes switch gears to being a product manager.
- You thrive on data and can handle queries and basic data mining & analysis on your own. Familiarity with a BI tool is a plus.
- You measure your work through outcomes more than effort
- You have experience working with integrated third-party products and hands-on with integration requirements
- You enjoy partnering with designers, engineers, and cross-functional teams such as growth, sales, finance and support
- You are equally passionate about treating internal functions as your customers as much as you enjoy building customer-facing products.
- You are comfortable working in a flattened hierarchy and flexible reporting structure.
- You thrive in ambiguity and frequently changing environments
- You are flexible in working with a team that is globally distributed
- You communicate effectively through documentation and remote working tools.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?