The 2023 State of the API survey is open!
Make your voice heard in the world's biggest API survey
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
We're looking for a Product Manager to partner with a fast-moving product team to enable payments, subscriptions, provisioning and revenue collection across our entire product line as we rapidly scale up.
This role will be hybrid, 3 days per week in our San Francisco office.
What You’ll Do
- Monetization is a hybrid domain and you will help build a tight integration of our product, internal systems and third party applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer's buying and billing needs advocating for a great experience on their behalf through Market research.
- Lead with Product intuition; you care deeply about getting the details right to ship a best-in-class product.
- Deliver iteratively on the roadmap, and own the process from requirements to tracking and analyzing impact.
- Approach all requirements as API first, collaborate with design and cross-functional stakeholders to arrive at a decisive plan of action.
- Stay aligned with customer feedback and own improvements.
- Balance & prioritize deliverables effectively for both internal and external customers.
- Build suitable abstractions to ease planned future development.
- Effectively manage communication with cross functional stakeholders.
- Own documentation and training collaterals for enabling internal and customer facing teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager with a track record of successfully shipping features/workflows. Experience building and scaling a billing system for a SaaS product is a plus.
- You are a Product Manager with solid technical understanding who understands business priorities, adept with APIs & SDKs and can contribute meaningfully to technical conversations with Engineering and distill complex ideas into simple experiences for users.
- Data fluency is a must. You deeply understand how the product works and know every step of the funnel and be expected to delve deep into datasets, build dashboards, design and accurately measure experiments.
- You enjoy partnering with designers, engineers, cross functional teams such as growth, sales, finance and support.
- You are equally passionate about building workflows for internal teams as much as you enjoy building customer facing products.
- You measure your work through outcomes more than effort.
- You are comfortable working in a flattened hierarchy and flexible reporting structure.
- You have a global mindset and understand the global user base and flexible to work with a team that is globally distributed.
- You communicate effectively through documentation.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area & the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $121,000 to $164,000 plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, & experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, potential spot awards, & a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the San Francisco Bay Area & the U.S.
Postman is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or a disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.