Product Manager, Version Control
Postman is the world’s leading API collaboration platform with built-in features to simplify each step of API development and streamline collaboration to help our users create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman’s comprehensive set of built-in tools to support every stage of the API life cycle. With Postman you can design, mock, debug, test, document, monitor, and publish your APIs all in one place and join the future of API-first software.
At Postman, we are simplifying API collaboration by providing a unified experience for different stakeholders and an intuitive Version Control system. Our Version Control squad is creating the foundational change management system which will enable collaboration features for both internal and external use cases. It will allow teams within Postman to enable git-like functionality like branching, forking, merging and reverting for multi-faceted datasets.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about the version control domain and is curious about solving for a simpler, more collaborative experience for our users and customers. This Product Manager will drive our end-to-end roadmap and deliver the entire Version Control experience in Postman. As Product Manager, you will need to meld product thinking with your understanding of Version Control concepts and apply them in order to create an intuitive, simplified Version Control experience.
This position reports to the Head of Product.
- Develop the product strategy and drive the end-to-end roadmap of Postman’s entire Version Control experience
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Understand the customers and the ecosystem, and have a data driven mindset to deliver what’s best for the end user.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Drive the end-to-end roadmap for multiple, bi-weekly planned releases, and unplanned hotfix releases.
- Solid technical competency and understanding of the Version Control domain. You can contribute meaningfully to technical conversations with engineering and distill complex ideas into simple experiences for our users
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Product Manager and highly prefered experience creating a product which enables a collaborative, simplified version control experience.
- Global mindset. You will be required to build products with a global user base.
- Data fluency. You deeply understand how your products work, know every step of the funnel. You'll be expected to delve deep into datasets, build dashboards, and design and accurately measure experiments.
- Compelling written communication. Your writing is clear and effective.
- Product Intuition. You care deeply about getting the details right in order to ship a best-in-class product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have a curiosity about how things work.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?