Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
What You’ll Do:
- Becoming a technical expert on the Postman platform
- Taking ownership of customer reported issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues
- Working with engineering, product, and customer teams to ensure speedy resolution
- Streamline process, run experiments, build/maintain internal tools, build proofs-of-concepts for users
- Contributing to our FAQs, which serve as our customer’s knowledge base
- Interacting with Postman's developer community of 15 million+ via our support channels, our public Github issue tracker and the community
- Achieving key metrics around CSAT, responsiveness, and # of iterations to a successful resolution
- 2+ years of experience doing technical product support for a modern / SaaS product
- Previous experience with API Development / SaaS products
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very comfortable with technical concepts, great analytical skills, and can explain how Postman works to a range of audiences
- Familiarity with software products in general, basics of networking, fundamentals of REST APIs, and how the web works
- Able to work asynchronously with a globally-distributed team
- Familiarity with support platforms like Jira, Github, and Confluence
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This is a hybrid role based in either New York City or Boston & the reasonably estimated OTE for this role ranges from $78,604.60 to $149,500.00 & a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.