Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
We are seeking a passionate and highly driven individual to join the Revenue Operations team at Postman. The Salesforce Administrator role reports into the Senior Business Operations Analyst, Team Lead. The Revenue Operations team is integral to the success of the Sales and Customer Success organizations by helping to drive revenue, renewals and the productivity of the sales and customer success teams.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the various teams in the Customer Organization including Sales, Success, Solutions, Product and Legal to understand business requirements for processes which need to be implemented in our Salesforce Instance
- Collaboration with subject matter experts and other business analysts to build "best in class" solutions and be proponent of measuring the success of those solutions
- Design, develop, test and deploy solutions to the needs of the various teams in the Customer Organization
- Aid in curation and scalability of all supporting process and policy documentation with relation to all Customer Org processes within the Postman Salesforce Instance
- Assist with delivering trainings on all processes, policies, and best practices within the Postman Salesforce Instance
- Work with the Postman Data team to ensure data is appropriately synchronized with our core data store (Amazon Redshift, Looker)
- Monitor all integrations, via APIs/Web Services with other systems we use for customer interaction (such as Outreach, SurveyMonkey etc.)
- Unit / Regression and User Acceptance testing and release management of modifications / updates between environment instances using Force.com IDE or other automated solution
- Migration, bulk upload and bulk update of data using different data tools such as Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector, Import Wizard, SFDC Data Export, Mass Delete etc.
- Generation of reports, dashboards, and customized reports along with analysis of resulting data
- Development of workflow rules with time triggered tasks, email alerts, email templates, and field updates
- Assistance with the management and creation of user roles, profiles, permissions, role hierarchies, public groups, security controls, and shared settings
- Constantly reviewing current processes and configurations and suggesting improvements to continuously achieve sustainability
- Monitor maintenance of data and mitigation of data issues
- Performance of ongoing Salesforce administration activities (accounts, profiles, roles, fields, layouts, data security)
- Maintain technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders’ requirements
- Regular and clear communication of project status or issues
- 3+ combined years of experience with Salesforce Administration with proven track record of successful projects and implementations
- Experience with Lightning Components
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Demonstrated experience across Salesforce platform services (Service Cloud, Force.com, AppExchange)
- Prior work experience in an agile based environment
- Experience with unit/regression testing and release management of modifications/updates between environment instances using Force.com IDE or other automated solution
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which involves requirement gathering, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation & enhancement of projects in Salesforce.com
- Proficient in Salesforce data migration using different data tools such as Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector, Import Wizard, SFDC Data Export, Mass Delete etc.
- Experience with Salesforce reports/dashboards and workflow rules
- Experience with creation and management of User Roles, Profiles, Permissions, and Role Hierarchies, Public Groups, Security Controls, and Shared Settings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other Internet applications
- Proactive approach and strong communication skills (including written, presentation, and verbal)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective with minimal guidance
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skills
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification strongly preferred
- CPQ Specialist Certification strongly preferred
- Two years of experience using Agile methodologies strongly preferred
- Lots of smiles!
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in either the greater San Francisco Bay Area, or Austin & comes with both a competitive base salary plus an equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day and with every interaction, to foster a workplace and world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?