Who We Are?
Postman is the leading collaboration platform for API development. We simplify the complexities of building and managing APIs, empowering developers and enterprise teams to build robust and scalable APIs more efficiently. Our API Network is an ecosystem of developers looking to simplify their experience with APIs as well as publishers seeking to enhance the developer experience of their APIs by leveraging our platform.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
PS: We recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
As the Senior API Network Evangelist at Postman, you will play a pivotal role in improving the developer experience by expanding our publisher community and cultivating relationships to help curate high-quality Postman collections and public workspaces from API publishers. Your role includes market research, API publisher engagement, and project ownership.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct market research to identify developer markets and niches in need of improved API experiences, and recommend expanding the Postman API Network based on market trends
- Outreach, engage, and educate API publishers, while conducting product demos to showcase the benefits of the Postman API Network.
- Effectively communicate how our platform solves API development and management challenges, enhancing end-consumer's developer experience
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and publishers to gather feedback, providing valuable input to our feature roadmap.
- Establish scalable content processes to benefit both internal teams and the API publisher projects we're managing, ensuring clarity through documentation.
- Collaborate with the Postman sales team to leverage customer relationships and transition enterprise customers to public workspaces.
- Oversee publisher projects from inception to completion, ensuring the successful integration of their APIs into our network.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure project goals are met.
- 5+ years of experience with technical customer/partnership relationships, business development, or client project management.
- Strong experience in API market research and identifying niche developer markets.
- Proficiency in working with contemporary APIs and the Postman product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts clearly.
- You excel at establishing scalable processes, optimizing workflows, and improving efficiency.
- Your skills in crafting clear and comprehensive documentation ensure clarity in procedures and interactions.
- You have a track record of achieving results and driving positive outcomes in your previous roles.
- Experience working in a two-sided network is a plus
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This is a remote role based in the United States, and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $127,500 to $169,500 plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.