Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. We are looking for a talented and hard-working advocate to join our growing Developer Relations team.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively within the Developer Relations team to drive API better practices throughout the broader API ecosystem. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for user education and community engagement.
We actively seek candidates who align with our company values.
What You'll Do
- Engage with and motivate Postman users on various platforms (including Twitter, LinkedIn, Postman Community Forum) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases
- Drive API better practices and demonstrate the value of Postman’s API Platform by:
- Creating content, e.g.: blog articles, tutorials, videos, workshops
- Speaking and representing the company online and at events
- Dogfood Postman technology, and interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Build and nurture relationships with Postman partners, Postman Supernovas, and other community leaders
- Work with the wider Developer Relations team and organization on additional engagements and tasks as needed
- Continuously improve knowledge and skill around different API technologies and demonstration methods based on industry trends
- 3+ years in a full-time Developer Relations/Advocacy role
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Postman version 8 or newer and its products
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally, externally, and across diverse audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs
- Experience in public speaking at technical conferences
- Experience making data-driven decisions
Bonus Points For
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in online platforms and social media channels relevant to developers
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, while maintaining work-life balance
- Willingness to travel, including internationally
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re building a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records