Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Postman Flows aims to be the way developers and business professionals consume APIs to create automations and cloud applications. With Flows, we're not just introducing a new feature; we're pioneering a paradigm shift in how APIs are composed and consumed. This is an opportunity to be an early member of a team that owns and delivers a product which will be used by millions of Developers and business professionals worldwide.
This is a hybrid position based in New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and optimize backend systems to support the Flows platform.
- Work closely with the cloud infrastructure team to ensure scalability and reliability of the Flows platform.
- Implement Kubernetes-based solutions to enhance deployment and scaling capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of Flows with other Postman products.
- Have prior experience (5+ years) working on large-scale backend systems, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Proficient with Kubernetes, cloud architectures, and have a deep understanding of distributed systems.
- Passionate about building scalable and reliable systems.
- Have a track record of delivering complex projects under tight constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Enjoy and thrive working in a dynamic environment and with a high-achieving team.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the greater New York City area, and the reasonably estimated salary can be requested at anytime. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.