Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Our IDE Platform team is responsible for bringing the power of Postman to where our developers implement their APIs - their IDE. This team develops and expands Postman’s offering across different IDEs and platforms - starting with VS Code this year.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer that will lead initiatives that contribute to our upcoming launch of Postman for VS Code and continued expansion and improvements to these new products.
This is an opportunity to be an early member of a team that owns and delivers new products which will be used by millions of Developers worldwide.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build capabilities and features that bring the power of Postman to IDEs like VS Code.
- Design and build for high performance, reliability, security & user experience.
- Collaborate with early-stage adopters, iterate fast, and deliver incremental improvements.
- Work on business-critical products that will be used by millions of users.
- Identify and advocate for better software engineering practices.
- Hold the bar high for product quality and mentor your teammates to meet this bar.
- Love building products that could revolutionize the API ecosystem
- Have a bias towards action and has a track record of getting stuff done under constraints
- Have a customer-centric mindset and would like to take on challenges irrespective of the difficulty level
- Have an experimental mindset and are willing to fail at times, in order to learn
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace that improves our shared knowledge, creates space for innovation, enhances team collaboration, and further strengthens our core values and culture. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, vaccination reimbursement, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. And when you’re in the office, enjoy complimentary meals for designated days, well-stocked drinks and snacks, a game room, and ergonomic workstations. We have a wellness program offering fitness-related reimbursements, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut!
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.