Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Postman is looking for a Senior Manager, Field & Event Marketing to help drive our mission to empower all teams to deliver and control their software through a growing channel of field events and conferences. This role will lead the team that owns the event strategy and execution for third-party conferences, field events, webinars, user conferences, and partnering with Sales to generate new business and expansion pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and scale a team, travel to Postman events across the globe, and spearhead programs that make a measurable impact on Postman’s goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership, strategy, and vision for Postman’s execution of enterprise field events and conferences that ties into key business objectives
- Hire and build a team to execute world-class field and events programs, creating opportunities for them to grow and thrive
- Sponsor Third-Party Conferences: Execute third-party conference sponsorships end-to-end
- Webinars: Execute third-party conference sponsorships end-to-end
- Regional Field Events: Execute regional field events end-to-end
- Be responsible for executing, partnering, and scaling Postman's enterprise user conference strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Product Marketing, and Partnerships to ensure all events and programs are mapped to key business objectives
- Track and report on event KPIs including Sales Accepted Leads, Pipeline generation and influence, and ABM alignment/influence
- Own and manage your budget across Field programs, third-party conference sponsorships, and Postman's conferences
- Travel to events
- 2+ years of event team management
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively connect with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong strategic thinking skills. Must have the ability to identify and solve problems by consulting with key stakeholders, predicting metrics, and sharing data-driven recommendations to executive leadership.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset. Must have the ability to set goals, execute and measure the results
- Strong business acumen with an affinity for enterprise technical solutions.
- Enjoy planning and attending events
- Deep understanding of the developer ecosystem
- Proficiency with Salesforce
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
If the role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the reasonably bay area estimated salary is $180,261.20 - $243,882.80, plus the competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.