Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to drive data-driven decision-making and deliver actionable insights that will contribute to accelerating and scaling the next stage of user and ARR growth for Postman. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations for product improvements. Your work will directly impact our product roadmap and overall user experience.
The position will be a key partner to help drive decision making in conjunction with cross functional teams, using the broad base of customer data available in our data warehouse(s). The person in this role will be expected to generate insights from the data on a proactive basis, while also being able to design and analyze experiments meant to better understand the motivations of a diverse customer base.
Ultimately, a successful person in this role will be expected to be a resident expert in their area of the business, and can work autonomously leading analytics efforts to encourage the team to improve the customer experience and metrics.
What You’ll Do:
- Data Analysis: Analyze large datasets to identify patterns, trends, and insights related to user behavior, product usage, and market trends.
- Reporting and Visualization: Create and maintain dashboards and reports to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- A/B Testing: Plan and conduct A/B tests to assess the impact of product changes, and provide recommendations based on the results.
- Product Strategy: Collaborate with product managers to align data analysis with product development, helping to define and prioritize features and improvements.
- Data Quality: Ensure data accuracy and consistency, and work with relevant teams to resolve data quality issues.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and other teams to drive product improvements and optimize user experiences.
- Forecasting: Develop forecasting models to estimate future product performance and identify potential opportunities and challenges.
- Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior analysts and contribute to building a strong data-driven culture within the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics).
- 4-6 years experience as a Product Analyst or similar role, with a focus on data analysis and product insights.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong understanding of A/B testing methodologies and statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with web and mobile analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Amplitude) is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- A passion for product development and a customer-focused mindset.
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling is a bonus.
- Prior knowledge of developer tools, with emphasis on API development (preferred).
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the greater San Francisco Bay area, and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $155,635 to 190,220, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.