Postman is an API platform for building and using APIs. Postman simplifies each step of the API lifecycle and streamlines collaboration so you can create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organisations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day and we are growing rapidly.
As a result, Postman is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help build some new and exciting security and observability features. You will work closely with the intelligence unit, which comprises of a few other designers, some product managers and developers to bring this vision to reality. This role reports to the Design Manager but requires close collaboration with cross functional teams in order to take ownership for end to end experiences.
As a senior product designer you will also get to work with the larger product design team at Postman that is passionate about building an intuitive experience across the entirety of Postman. We understand that the greatest user experiences take several iterations (and experiments) to develop and we are looking for a designer who will enjoy the design process as much as we do.
What You’ll Do: (Responsibilities)
- Own the user experience from ideation to execution while working closely with product manager, engineers, UX researchers and content writers.
- Work with the rest of the team to strategically define product goals and opportunities, keeping end consumer and business goals in mind.
- Use experiments to test experiences and understand the requirements of customers when it comes to governance on an API platform.
- Produce design deliverables consistent with Postman design system and brand standards.
- Continuous social listening through Twitter, Github and Zendesk and our customer success teams to better understand how people use Postman.
About You: (Requirements)
- You have experience with designing for an enterprise-grade security or observability product.
- Experience working with an experimentally driven product team and excited about building 0-1 products in a fast paced environment.
- You have an eye for well-designed, functional products (physical and digital)
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Good at collaborating across teams and locations, especially remote work across multiple offices and time zones.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We aren’t rigid about design tools though, so we are open to suggestions always.
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us!