tldr; We're looking for a backend software engineer to design and implement the new Postman API public interface.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
The team works closely with the Product teams to build and expose APIs that enable delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API-first world. We’re a small team with members that learn from each other and iterate rapidly to make a large impact. Our APIs are written in Node.js, MySQL, Redis, and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Build and own APIs while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security, and Platform Engineers.
- Design and implement new Postman API features and define how they connect to the various internal micro-services.
- Create and periodically review Architectural diagrams.
- Perform Code reviews.
- Deploy and monitor versions, retire older versions, and push patch fixes.
- Manage Mocks, Docs, Monitors, Integration, and Contract Tests using Postman.
- On-board, mentor, and off-board developers within the code you own.
- Assist other teams that wish to make their features available through the Postman API.
- You’ve been building web applications for 3+ years.
- You have experience with high-level programming languages - e.g., Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go.
- You possess strong Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithms, Databases, Networking, and Distributed systems.
- You write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to product managers, designers, support, and other engineers.
- You have the ability to visually communicate an idea through diagrams.
- You have knowledge of the design and architecture of APIs and Microservices.
- You have knowledge of REST, OpenAPI, and AsyncAPI.
- You have previous experience both as an API producer and consumer.
- You have knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, HTTP, and Asynchronous protocols, e.g., AMQP.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?