Senior Software Engineer - Electron.js
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Postman is one of the most widely used Electron.js applications in the world. In our pursuit of an outstanding desktop experience, we are taking the web-based desktop application paradigm to a whole new level. We are a tight-knit ambitious team that is creating a cross-platform desktop framework around Electron.js to offer deeper system integration, advanced networking capabilities, and increased runtime performance.
What You'll Do
- Work on the internals of open-source projects such as Electron.js, Node.js, Chromium, v8, and libuv to debug pressing issues, and implement and upstream features
- Work on desktop distribution concerns such as application installers and delta-based auto-updates
- Enable the Postman application to tightly integrate with the operating system to deliver a close-to-native desktop experience in all supported platforms
- Design and implement performance-related tooling that help our Product Engineering team to get more observability on the desktop application
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale C++ projects in either desktop, mobile, or system applications
- Strong fundamentals in operating systems, networking, and software design
- Willingness to work equally on all three major operating systems; you will likely be switching across operating systems on a daily basis
- Experience and Excitement towards working with global, distributed teams
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- Experience working with or contributing to open-source projects like Electron.js, Node.js, v8, libuv, or Chromium
- Experience developing cross-platform software for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Experience developing native desktop applications for any operating system
- Experience with C, Objective-C, Swift, or C#
- Experience working on the low-level operating system APIs provided by Windows, macOS, and Linux
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?