tldr; We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will lead critical initiatives to empower Postman teams to deliver with speed and confidence.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman.
You will actively partner with Engineering Leaders, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to ship services and tools that greatly increase developer productivity and overall quality and performance across our tech stack. Your work will be integral in driving strategic initiatives and promoting the adoption of new, or enhancing existing frameworks and identifying opportunities for abstracting and building service layers to drive engineering excellence.
In Your Day to Day, You Will…
- Design and implement new tools and scalable frameworks that empower hundreds of Postman developers to build code more effectively, as well as accelerating Postman's release workflow
- Continue to refine and define our tech stack, utilizing open source tools, generalizing product-specific code and/or building novel solutions to problems we encounter
- Lead the utilization and/or development of scalable infrastructure to improve product excellence and engineering effectiveness
- Actively mentor with detailed code reviews and paired programming, along with providing technical guidance to overall architecture and design
- BS or MS in CS, EE or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience building product and/or testing infrastructure
- Extensive experience working with libraries in the modern web build toolchain such as Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating CI/CD, utilizing technologies such as GIT, CircleCI, New Relic, AWS, etc.
- Effectively communicates across functions to identify tooling needs, automation gaps, and reduce toil in the development process
Bonus Points for
- DevOps experience developing distributed frameworks, infrastructure, or other development and monitoring tools as an essential part of production systems
- Experience in contributing features and fixes back to open source software, or creating and promoting your own open source tools
- Technical publications or authoring related to software development and delivery
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?