Software Engineer, (Frontend) API Mock - Remote
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
The mock product is part of the wider tools offering by Postman. It allows developers to create a no-code server that acts as a drop-in replacement for the real APIs to promote contract driven development and enable parallel execution between different collaborators.
We believe in developing simple solutions to complex problems and also practice radical candor in our internal communication. Software is a team sport and we treat it like one, the whole team has collective ownership of the project and everyone is expected to improve every aspect of the system/process that they work with.
What You'll Do
- Build and optimize the UI for the API Mock journey in the postman app.
- Work with the foundations teams to better understand and extend the postman frontend eco-system which ships to both web and native (desktop) platforms.
- Contribute to the development of APIs and products while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Coach other engineers on the best practices related to frontend and user experience. Raise the bar on code quality and usability of the platform while delivering constant incremental value for the user.
- At least 3-5 years of experience developing complex, distributed software applications at large scale
- Strong understanding of backend, infrastructure and preferably front end fundamentals
- You enjoy learning and sharing knowledge within and across teams
- You have a product oriented mindset and empathy for the users
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- Experience owning and driving large scale projects
- Experience working with global, distributed teams
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?