Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Postman are creating a new internal Developer Productivity And Tools team who are responsible for owning and operating the frontend mono-repo development and deployment workflows, the library toolchain, and any supporting infrastructures such as CI/CD systems. As part of the Client Foundation team whose goal is to help our internal engineering teams (200 +) build great user experiences and interfaces quickly and reliably. Our team supports this by ensuring the development processes, services and tools are world-class.
This role can be based across Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
The current tech we use:
We work in an agile way and are constantly refining how we can best live those principles to continuously deliver software that delights our customers and demonstrates our value. We strive for engineering excellence! We incorporate API-first, Domain Driven Design, proven and emerging design patterns with collaborative team environments.
Your growth is important to us and we’re persistent in being better. Last but not least, you will also be monitoring the impact of your releases using New Relic, and Looker.
What You'll Do
- Work with a team of distributed, diverse engineers spread across globally remote locations across EMEA, APAC and AMER.
- Partner with peers in engineering to craft a world-class developer experience.
- Build and continuously improve Front End Developer Tooling, workflows & infrastructures for our scaling Engineering group.
- Implement and maintain features, improve performance and quality of Postman’s engineering productivity and development loop
- Be an advocate and evangelist for our technical offerings
- Use your exceptional analytical skills to break down complex requirements into smaller tasks to execute
- Strong, current experience building web frontend tooling and infrastructures at scale for internal product engineering teams.
- A background in frontend engineering, with exposure to some modern web build toolchains such as Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme.
- Experience owning and improving development workflows and developer experiences in large code repositories (eg mono-repos).
- You possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for problems discovery.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and Excitement towards working with global, distributed teams
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- Experience in authoring useful frontend open-source libraries
- Experiencing operating CI/CD systems and workflows at scale for hundreds of developers
- Experience in building development tooling for multiple platforms - such as web, desktop, mobile
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?