TLDR: We’re looking for a full-stack engineer who can quickly build and validate new product ideas. You’ll work iteratively towards building support for new API protocols across all stages of the API lifecycle.
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team.
The Labs product vertical was set up in early 2021 to facilitate the rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the team is frugality and agility – using whatever is available to chip away at outcomes at breakneck speed.
- Stages of the API lifecycle: The 8-Point API Lifecycle Blueprint | Postman Blog
- How we built gRPC: How We Built It: gRPC support
What You'll Do.
- Conceptualize, build and experiment with new products that will impact millions of people around the world.
- Build support for new protocols and extend the capabilities of our existing protocols (HTTPS, gRPC, WebSockets, etc).
- Build functional prototypes and tools focused on improving developer productivity.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineering functions within a small, close-knit team.
- Contribute to a plethora of internal and external open-source projects.
- You have 2+ years of experience building and shipping products.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch and drive it to completion.
- You're comfortable working on 0-1 problems, especially when things are vague.
- You have a "validate first and perfect later" mentality.
- You are curious and excited about how things work under the hood.
Nice to Have.
- Background working with gRPC, WebSockets, or other API protocols
- Experience in building 0-1 solutions.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?