Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team.
The Application UX team’s mission is to deliver a seamless user experience for all universal functionality within the Postman application; think e.g. application shell and navigation. We build & maintain functionality and establish & advocate best practices in term of UX and frontend development.
Our team is part of the larger UX Foundation organization which aims to help feature teams across Postman to execute on their roadmap and build great user experiences & interfaces quickly & reliably for our users through tooling, support, feedback and education.We are open to hiring in India and Europe for this role.
What You'll Do.
- Improving the end user experience of the universal functionality within the Postman platform.
- Providing a framework and guardrails to product teams so that they can independently add features.
- Work with a hybrid team of engineers and designers spread across remote locations.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with designers to improve the UX patterns of Postman application.
- Use your exceptional analytical skills to understand how the libraries maintained by Application UX are being used, and come up with improvement ideas.
- Keep an eye on the technical debts in these systems, and periodically take ownership to recover the debts.
- Provide guidance to other product teams on proper design patterns and library usage.
- Be an advocate and evangelist for Aether, our design system.
- 4+ years of experience building web frontend architecture with a modern tech stack.
- Solid understanding of modern frontend architectures and the implementation of scalable and optimised solutions.
- Experience owning, improving, and supporting libraries used by other developers.
- You possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for problems discovery.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re an experienced front-end technologist.
- You obsess over the architectural design, implementation, and quality of the work your teams produces.
- You have an innate curiosity about how things work.
- You have great empathy for our end users.
Nice to Have.
- Experience in remote-first environments and global teams.
- Experience owning, improving, and/or supporting libraries used by other developers.
- Experience in UX design workflows and tools such as Figma etc.
- Experience in building for multiple platforms - such as web, desktop, mobile
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?