Software Engineer II - Backend - Bangalore
Postman is the collaboration platform for API development, used by 15 million developers and 500,000 companies worldwide. Postman is an elegant, flexible tool for building connected software via APIs quickly, easily, and accurately. Postman is a global company with headquarters in San Francisco, a large office in Bangalore (where the company was founded), and distributed team members on four continents. Postman is privately held, with funding from Insight Partners, CRV, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at http://www.postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
About the team
The team works closely with the Product teams to build APIs that enable delightful experiences for developers who build modern software for the API first world. We’re a small team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a large impact. Our Microservices are written in Node.js, MySQL and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform.
A taste of our scale:
1. 700k+ daily active users
2. 200+ million requests per day spread across 30+ microservices
3. resting around 20 TB of data
4. ingesting around 2TB of monthly internal service logs
5. 200k+ peak concurrent web socket connections
This position reports to one of our Engineering Managers.
- Build and own microservices while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Manage the roadmap and SLAs for the microservices that you own.
- Create and periodically review Architectural diagram for the Microservices and manage their dependencies.
- Perform Code reviews.
- Deploy and monitor versions, retire older versions and push patch fixes.
- Manage Mocks, Docs, Monitors, Integration and Contract Tests using Postman.
- On-board, mentor and off-board developers within the Microservices you own.
- You’ve been building web applications for 3+ years.
- You’ve experience with high level programming languages - e.g. Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go. We code primarily in Node.js, so you’ll be excited to either ramp up on that or continue building awesome things with it.
- You possess strong Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithms, Databases, Networking and Distributed systems.
- You write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to product managers, designers, support and other engineers.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage that includes COVID insurance, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you are.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected with your global Postman peers. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
And we want you to be part of it all.