Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
Our API Observability Team is responsible for making the APIs produced and consumed by our customers discoverable and searchable. Our team works with massive volumes of data flowing through robust data pipelines to provide the most simple and delightful API experience for the customers.
With our customers publishing a wide variety of APIs to the largest Public API hub, discovery & navigation is one of the core problems that the team is solving. Our systems would provide recommendations in various API development areas to increase overall efficiency. We are a team of passionate engineers where each day brings new learning from complex engineering challenges which impact millions of users. If that sounds exciting, then this opportunity is for you!
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What you'll be doing.
- Design, build and own micro-services while working with a cross-functional teams of Product Managers, Designers, Platform Engineers, and more.
- Manage the roadmap and SLAs for the micro-services that you own.
- Perform code reviews and advocate better practises for software engineering by mentoring and encouraging others around you to build a quality product.
- Design & build any additional internal tooling required to ease the development & maintenance of the product.
- 3-5 years of experience developing complex, distributed software applications at scale
- You’ve experience with high level programming languages - e.g. Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go. We code primarily in Node.js and Python.
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of Database fundamentals especially on the performance aspects such as optimising queries, schema design, indexing, caching.
- Experience with cloud computing and distributed systems.
- Has a point of view and is comfortable and prior experience in collaborating and respectfully challenging other stakeholders, such as PM, EM etc.
- You write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand.
- You have curiosity about how things work and to learn new things.
Nice To Have.
- Previous experience with Search systems and ETL pipelines.
- Experience working with ranking, recommendation, analytics systems.
- Experience working with NLP, ML algorithms, models and systems.
What Else? (Remote Benefits).
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage that includes COVID insurance, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you are.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected with your global Postman peers. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?